HVA30-5 high voltage tester
The HVA30-5 high voltage tester by b2hv is a portable 0.1 Hz VLF cable test system for the testing of medium voltage cables.
It is the HVA series member for very high output current of up to 85 mA!
At only 45 kg this compact high voltage tester is truly quite remarkable and as such is ideal for mobile use.
The powerful output is capable of driving capacitive loads of up to 15 μF.
At maximum output voltage cables with a length of up to 45 km can be tested.
Possible output voltages:
- Sinusoidal: 0 – 33 kV peak, 0 – 23 kV eff
- DC: ± 0 - 30 kV
- Squarewave: 30 kV
The tester offers various operating modes.
Cable testing, cable sheath / jacket testing, sheath fault location, cable fault conditioning (burning), vacuum bottle test.
The following features make the HVA30-5 high voltage tester the outstanding cable test system of its class:
- Predefined standard-compliant cable test sequences
- Symmetrical sine wave at high voltage
- RMS measurement of output voltage and current
- Measurement of capacitive and resistive load
- Automatic load dependent frequency selection (0.01 Hz – 0.1 Hz)
- Display of current test time
- Integrated real-time scope function
- Self-explanatory, multilingual software
- Automatic measurement reporting
- Report storage via RS232 or USB
- PC software (HVA Control Center) for data analysis and storage
- Flashover detection and ultra fast switch off
- Flashover voltage measurement
- Time optimized burning mode
- No regular maintenance required
The fully comprehensive safety features guarantee protection of operator and test instrument.
- Short circuit protected output
- Signal lamps for active / inactive high voltage
- Status display of safety functions
- Dual Discharge Device DDD®, elektronische und mechanische Entladeeinrichtung (integriert)
- Main switch with key-lock
- Emergency-off button on front panel
A SINGLE device for NUMEROUS applications:
- Cables: XLPE , PE, EPR, PILC, etc.
- Rotating machines (IEEE 433)
The HVA30-5 may be expanded with optional devices into to a full cable diagnostics system.
The HVA system may then be used for tan delta measurement
or partial discharge measurement