PD60-2 Partial discharge analysis
By a partial discharge analysis with the cable diagnostics systems PD60-2 or PDTD60-2 by b2hv, the dielectric condition of medium voltage cables can be evaluated.
As an expanded device PDTD60-2 comes with an integrated tan delta diagnostics system!
The cable diagnosis system PD60-2 consists of the following units:
- HVA60 AC hipot (optional)
- High voltage filter
- Coupling capacitor
- b2 Suite® software for diagnostics and reporting
- Set of cables and corona rings
The total weight for high voltage filter, coupling capacitor and calibrator is 41 kg. Thus the system is perfectly suitable for mobile use.
For partial discharge analysis a sinusoidal 0.1 Hz VLF voltage is employed, adjustable over a range of up to 62 kV peak.
Due to the following features the PD60-2 and PDTD60-2 are the most outstanding systems of their class:
Compact, lightweight and
b2 Suite® software
of PD and TD
- Measurement of the intensity of partial discharges versus time
- Localization of faults by TDR (Time Domain Reflectometry)
- Display of faults in the partial discharges mapping
- Phase related depiction
- Easy to use and language selection
The analysis is documented in the form of a ready-to-use report, containing all relevant results:
- Calibration Pulse (in accordance with IEC 60270) and end detection
- Background noise of the measurement arrangement
- Partial discharges inception voltage (PDIV)
- Partial discharges level at 1.7 Vo
- Partial discharges extinction voltage (PDEV)
A SINGLE cable diagnostics system for various applications:
- Cables: XLPE, PE, PILC
- Rotating machines (IEEE 433)
The PD60-2 enables any test engineer to efficiently perform measurements without extensive training.
Other systems of the PD series