PD120-2 partial discharge test
By a partial discharge test with the cable diagnostics systems PD120-2 or PDTD120-2 by b2 electronics, the dielectric condition of a medium-voltage cable can be evaluated.
As an expanded device PDTD120-2 comes with an integrated tan delta diagnostics system!
The cable diagnosis system PD120-2 / PDTD120-2 consists of the following units:
- HVA120 insulation tester (optional)
- High voltage filter
- Coupling capacitor (with integrated TD dignostics system)
b2 Suite® software for diagnostics and reporting
- Set of cables and corona rings
The total weight for high voltage filter, coupling capacitor and calibrator is 59 kg. Thus the system is perfectly suitable for mobile use.
For the partial discharge test a sinusoidal 0.1 Hz VLF voltage is employed, adjustable over a range of up to 120 kV peak.
Compact, lightweight and
b2 Suite® software
of PD and TD
- Measurement of the intensity of partial discharges versus time
- Localization of faults by TDR (Time Domain Reflectometry)
- Display of faults in the partial discharges mapping
- Phase related depiction
- Easy to use and language selection
The partial discharge test is documented in the form of a ready-to-use report, containing all relevant results:
- Calibration Pulse (in accordance with IEC 60270) and end detection
- Background noise of the measurement arrangement
- Partial discharges inception voltage (PDIV)
- Partial discharges level at 1.7 Uo
- Partial discharges extinction voltage (PDEV)
A SINGLE cable diagnostics system for various applications:
- Cables: XLPE, PE, PILC
- Rotating machines (IEEE 433)
The PD120-2 and PTDTD120-2 enables any test engineer to efficiently perform meausrements without long training periods.
Other systems of the PD series