PD30-E measurement of partial discharges
By measurement of partial discharges with the cable diagnostics systems PD30-E by b2hv, the dielectric condition of a medium voltage cable can be evaluated.
The cable diagnosis system PD30-E consists of the following units:
- HVA28TD VLF high voltage test set with integrated Tan Delta diagnostics system (optional) or
- HVA34 hipot tester (optional)
- Coupling capacitor
- b2 Suite® software for diagnostics and reporting
- Set of cables and corona rings
The total weight for coupling capacitor and calibrator is 17 kg. Thus the system is perfectly suitable for mobile use.
For measurement of partial discharges a sinusoidal 0.1 Hz VLF voltage is employed, adjustable over a range of up to 34 kV peak.
Due to the following features, the PD30-E are the most outstanding cable diagnostics systems of their class:
Compact, lightweight and
b2 Suite® software
- Measurement of the intensity of partial discharges versus time
- Localization of faults by TDR (Time Domain Reflectometry)
- Display of faults in the partial discharges mapping
- Phase related depiction
- Easy to use and language selection
The measurement is documented in the form of a ready-to-use report, containing all relevant results:
- Calibration Pulse (in accordance with IEC 60270) and end detection
- Background noise of the measurement arrangement
- Partial discharges inception voltage (PDIV)
- Partial discharges level at 1.7 Vo
- PD extinction voltage (PDEV)
A SINGLE cable diagnostics system for various applications:
- Cables: XLPE, PE, PILC
- Rotating machines (IEEE 433)
The PD30-E enables any test engineer to efficiently perform measurements without long training periods.
Other systems of the PD series